Deadline: December 15, 2018
REGISTRATION FEES WAIVED UNTIL NOVEMBER 30 2018
Entry limit per person: 2 entries
Categories: 13 years and under; 14 – 20 years old; 21 years and older
Instrumentation: Minimum 2 and up to 8 of listed below:
Theme: Music in the Laurentians
Jury: CAMMAC Music Centre’s Artistic Director, Guylaine Lemaire and its Artist-in Residence, violinist Marc Djokic; in addition to two well-known musicians and composers, Keiko Devaux and Matthias Maute.
1st Place Winners receive:
- 13 years and under: Cash Prize of $200
- 14 – 20 years old: Cash Prize of $300
- 21 years and older: Cash Prize of $400
1st Place in each category:
- Premiere of the work at CAMMAC Music Centre
- 1 Composition masterclass with Matthias Maute
- 1 Composition masterclass with Keiko Devaux
- Video & Audio recording of the premiere
Rules and application:
Through its Composers Callout, CAMMAC Music Centre wishes to encourage composers of all ages to write an original composition. The theme chosen is Music in the Laurentians and will no doubt inspire many!
Composers are invited to submit an original work for their chosen configuration as outlined in this document. The winning compositions will be played in concert at the CAMMAC Music Centre in the summer 2019.
The jury will be comprised of CAMMAC Music Centre’s Artistic director and its Artist-in Residence violinist Marc Djokic in addition to two well-known musicians and composers: Keiko Devaux and Matthias Maute.
Rules for Eligibility:
- The composition must not exceed 10 minutes.
- In your own words, please write a short paragraph about yourself and also about your composition.
- Scores must be received by CAMMAC Music Centre at the latest December 15th 2018. (The post office stamp shall be recognized as the receiving date)
- Scores in PDF format are also accepted and must be received at the latest December 15th 2018 at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If available, midi files are also accepted along with the scores.
- USB keys are also accepted
- Registration fees of $20 CAD must accompany all scores. * ($10 for a 2nd entry)
- REGISTRATION FEES WAIVED UNTIL NOVEMBER 30 2018
- Parts and scores shall remain the property of CAMMAC Music Centre.
- Candidates must send a score as well as separate playing parts to CAMMAC Music Centre.
* The registration fees may be paid by cheque to CAMMAC Music Centre.
Competition launch: July 2018
The due date for registration, receiving scores and payment: December 15th 2018
Jury: Winter 2018
Announcement of winners: May 2019
Winners Concert: Summer 2019
Please send the scores and files to:
PDF by email: email@example.com
Or printed scores to: CAMMAC Music Centre Att. Guylaine Lemaire
*This Composers Callout is co-sponsored by Marc Djokic and CAMMAC Music Centre.