Spice up your winter
Treat yourself to a three-day adults-only getaway at the CAMMAC Music Centre and enjoy a weekend of musical freedom and experimentation during which Latin music takes centre stage.
The weekend’s program will feature classes and workshops exploring the wide variety of infectious beats and danceable styles that characterize the music of Latinidad.
With roots in Southern Europe, Africa, and the indigenous cultures of the Americas, Latin music is a diverse synthesis of musical traditions from the 33 Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries of Central and South America and the Caribbean.
From vibrant salsa to romantic bachata, hip reggaeton, Brazilian samba, chilled-out bossa nova, passionate tango, and more, the seductive music of Latin cultures infuses popular, jazz, blues, and classical influences into a blend of vibrant rhythms that will have you singing, playing and dancing all weekend long.
And, as always, whether you are a beginner or an advanced musician, CAMMAC’s warm and friendly ambiance will make you feel right at home as you discover an exciting new repertoire with friends new and old.
CLASSES & ACTIVITIES
A full music program for adults features a diverse choice of classes and workshops for all levels of amateur musicians.
If you don’t know how to read music, don’t worry!
Classes for beginners are offered so that everyone can participate in the program.
- Vocal technique
- Big Band ensemble
- Blues ensemble
- Guitar workshop
- Latin dance
- Participants’ concert
- Saturday evening activities: Cabaret Evening for participants and teachers, campfire singalong
DIRECTORS AND FACULTY
Whether you have been playing for years or are just beginning, our outstanding teachers are here to help you progress on your musical quest—no matter your age!
To find out more about our teachers, click their photos to read their bios.
See below for Rates, Terms & Conditions and additional information for your stay, including the latest Covid-19 protocols.
If you don’t see the room you want when you book online, please contact customer service.
You may also make a reservation by phone, from Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.):
819-687-3938 / 1-888-622-8755, ext. 25
RATES FOR LATINIDAD 2023:
|Adults (26 years and up)||$155.00||$175.00|
|Students (13 to 25 years)||$90.00||$100.00|
|LODGING: MAIN PAVILION – includes 3 days and 2 nights|
|Adults & Students (13 years and up)||$125.00|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Rates are in Canadian dollars.
- GST (5%) and QST (9.975%) are not included in the rates shown.
- If your membership is not up to date for 2023, the CAMMAC membership fee will be added to your invoice.
- 50% of your total invoice, before taxes, will be charged to your credit card within 5 business days of your reservation.
We reserve the right to adjust the invoice in the event of errors or omissions (for example, forgetting membership fees, incorrect choice of meal plan or musical program). In this case, an adjusted invoice will be sent to you.
- Before March 1, 2023: All cancellations (partial or full) will incur a $50 administrative fee.
- After March 1, 2023: Any cancellation will incur an administrative fee of 50% of the total amount of the reservation after taxes. Partial cancellations will incur an administrative fee of 50% of the difference after taxes.
- Membership fees are not refundable.
- In the event that changes are made as a result of amended health regulations, the administrative fee will be waived.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR YOUR STAY:
Arrival: Friday April 14, 2023 at 4 p.m.
• Rooms will be available beginning at 4 p.m.
• Light supper: 6 p.m.
• The program officially begins at 8 p.m.
Departure: Sunday April 16, 2023 at 2 p.m.
• Rooms must be vacated by 9 a.m.
• Supper and an evening snack are included on Friday evening.
• Breakfast, 3 snacks, lunch, and supper are included on Saturday.
• Breakfast, a morning snack, and lunch are included on Sunday.
IMPORTANT: Please indicate dietary requirements and food allergies when you register.