Become a member, or renew your membership today:
Why become a CAMMAC member?
CAMMAC members hold a common goal with the organization: to support amateur music making for people of all ages, levels and backgrounds. Membership allows you to support our mission, which is to bring people together to experience the joy of making music together.
What are the benefits of a CAMMAC membership?
CAMMAC members are part of a vibrant and active community of like-minded music lovers – you will meet, sing and play with other amateur musicians in a welcoming and supportive environment both online and in person.
CAMMAC activities are led by highly skilled professional musicians from Canada and abroad, in an interactive and friendly atmosphere.
Our workshops and classes, both in-person and online, will provide you with personalized coaching and instruction, no matter what your level. And contrary to many other virtual music classes, CAMMAC’s online classes are not pre-recorded: classes are held live, allowing you to interact with the teacher.
Other member benefits include:
- Members can attend music programs at the CAMMAC Music Centre in the Laurentians:
- Summer programs: 7 weeks of themed programming
- Spring Break (March)
- Bach Plus Weekend (May)
- Thanksgiving Weekend and Banquet (October)
- Participate in CAMMAC activities in your region (workshops, concerts, sight-readings):
- Benefit from member discounts on CAMMAC’s online programming: workshops, masterclasses, lectures, private coaching, exclusive concerts, virtual cabarets and more.
- Borrow music from our music library, which holds over 11,000 works.
- Take part in activities in partnership with other cultural organizations, and benefit from preferential rates:
- Opéra de Montréal
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Le Centre des Musiciens du Monde
- Music and Beyond Festival
- Danse Cadence
- Les Violons du Roy
- Studio de Musique ancienne de Montréal
- Benefit from partner discounts:
- Piano Héritage
- Receive CAMMAC’s newsletter to stay informed on all things CAMMAC
Strength in numbers:
CAMMAC’s values and reason for being are based on the belief that music should be accessible to all people, regardless of age, background or ability. CAMMAC’s founders firmly believed that making music together creates a bond between people that transcends age, language and cultural differences, and that people who practice the arts at every level bring an invaluable contribution to their communities.
When you become a member of CAMMAC, you strengthen our voice in advocating for the study and performance of music at the amateur level. The higher our membership numbers, the more power we have to create partnerships and obtain grants. These are crucial to developing the high-quality programs and opportunities that enable amateur musicianship to thrive.