There’s no better time to treat yourself to a fun-filled musical getaway in the heart of the Laurentians!
Discover musical traditions from around the world while enjoying the joys of winter during CAMMAC’s Spring Break program. This is the perfect opportunity to unwind while creating unforgettable musical memories, whether you come with family, with friends, or on your own.
Throughout the week we’ll explore traditions from several different countries with exciting activities for all ages, including music workshops and classes, outdoor activities, tai chi, and arts & crafts. Each evening will feature a special activity: a treasure hunt, a movie, a cabaret evening, and many other surprises. In addition, our culinary team will feature the traditional cuisine of a different country each day. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced musician, CAMMAC’s warm and friendly ambiance will make you feel right at home as you learn new techniques and discover new repertoire.
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
Spring Break at CAMMAC is for kids… and adults too!
A full music program for adults features a diverse choice of classes and workshops for all levels of amateur musicians.
If you don’t know how to read music, don’t worry!
Classes for beginners are offered so that everyone can participate in the program.
Learn, play and enjoy music at your own level!
Benefit from close student-faculty collaboration in masterclasses, workshops, and coached ensemble playing/singing throughout the week.
- Small ensembles (piano, strings and wind instruments)
- Recorder workshops (beginner to advanced)
- Active listening class
- Guitar class
- World percussion workshop
- Dance class
- Tai chi
- Visual arts workshop:
The art of off-loom weaving – like music, weaving developed in many parts of the world simultaneously, and it all started without the use of a loom… learn more about this traditional art while creating a small handwoven artwork using a needle and thread.
CHILDREN’S PROGRAM (4 1/2 years +):
Kids of all ages are invited to share a week of music and fun activities while making new friends!
- Chamber music
- Storytelling sessions (adults welcome too!)
- Sports and snow games
- Arts and crafts: What crosses over and under and then repeats? Come find out!
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES FOR ALL AGES:
• Organized games (including a rally and treasure hunt, themed on musical traditions from around the world)
• Karaoke night
• Movie night
• Cabaret evening
• Winter bonfire with storytelling and songs
DIRECTORS AND FACULTY
Whether you have been playing for years or are just beginning, our outstanding teachers are here to help you progress on your musical quest—no matter your age!
To find out more about our teachers, click their photos to read their bios.
Spring Break at CAMMAC…
a multi-generational getaway for the whole family!
Treat yourself to Spring Break at CAMMAC with your grandchildren… From singing with you in choir to storytelling under the stars at the winter bonfire, they will remember these moments forever!
Enjoy a musical family vacation that gives you a break too! There’s no need to worry about how to entertain the little ones… you can focus on your own class schedule while they have fun making music and playing outdoors with their new friends. And even though you’re away at camp, you can take advantage of CAMMAC’s high-speed internet to fit in a few hours of telework.
FOR KIDS AND TEENS:
Kids and teens will find their days filled with activities designed to expand their creativity, build their confidence, and grow their love of music while making friends for life!
See below for Rates, Terms & Conditions and additional information for your stay, including the latest Covid-19 protocols.
If you don’t see the room you want when you book online, please contact customer service.
You may also make a reservation by phone, from Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.):
819-687-3938 / 1-888-622-8755, ext. 25
RATES FOR SPRING BREAK 2023:
|Adults (26 years and up)||$250.00||$300.00|
|Students (13 to 25 years)||$125.00||$175.00|
|Children (4 1/2 to 12 years)||$100.00||$125.00|
|LODGING: MAIN PAVILION – includes 5 days and 4 nights|
|Adults & Students (13 years and up)||$275.00|
|Children (4 1/2 to 12 years)||$150.00|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Rates are in Canadian dollars.
- GST (5%) and QST (9.975%) are not included in the rates shown.
- if your membership is not up to date for 2023, the CAMMAC membership fee will be added to your invoice.
- 50% of your total invoice, before taxes, will be charged to your credit card within 5 business days of your reservation.
We reserve the right to adjust the invoice in the event of errors or omissions (for example, forgetting membership fees, incorrect choice of meal plan or musical program). In this case, an adjusted invoice will be sent to you.
- Before February 1st: All cancellations (partial or full) will incur a $50 administrative fee.
- After February 1st: Any cancellation will incur an administrative fee of 50% of the total amount of the reservation after taxes. Partial cancellations will incur an administrative fee of 50% of the difference after taxes.
- Membership fees are not refundable.
- In the event that changes are made as a result of amended health regulations, the administrative fee will be waived.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR YOUR STAY:
Arrival: Sunday February 26, 2023 at 4 p.m.
• Rooms will be available beginning at 4 p.m.
• Light supper: 6 p.m.
• The program officially begins at 8 p.m.
Departure: Thursday March 2, 2023 at 2 p.m.
• Rooms must be vacated by 9 a.m.
• Supper and an evening snack are included on Sunday evening.
• Breakfast, 3 snacks per day, lunch, and supper are included on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
• Breakfast, a morning snack, and lunch are included on Thursday.
IMPORTANT: Please indicate dietary requirements and food allergies when you register.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES:
UPDATED December 13, 2022
For a safe and enjoyable stay, we invite you to familiarize yourself with the procedures and protocols surrounding the pandemic situation.
Please note that these measures are subject to change based on changes to the Québec government’s regulations and recommendations from the Association des Camps du Québec. We will be monitoring Public health recommendations on a weekly basis, and measures may be updated based on the evolving situation, with the health and safety of our members and staff in mind.
IMPORTANT: Please do not come to CAMMAC if you have symptoms of COVID-19.