A celebration of all things CAMMAC
Our 70th-anniversary celebrations begin with everything you love!
Orchestra, chamber music recorder, percussion, guitar, choir, dance, yoga, an intensive saxophone program and more… this week, we have it all.
WHAT’S NEW + PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
+ Help us celebrate CAMMAC’s 70th anniversary by contributing to Week 1’s artistic programming!
All CAMMAC members will be invited to vote on their favourite work from among a list celebrating CAMMAC’s 70 years. Details to come.
+ Intensive saxophone program: level-up your technical and stylistic understanding of the saxophone, develop ensemble skills, refine your existing repertoire and learn new works during this intensive saxophone program with Louis-Philippe Bonin. A flexible schedule will allow you to focus exclusively on the saxophone throughout the week, or to sample additional activities according to your needs.
Is this program for you? The program is adaptable for all levels, but it is ideal for musicians with at least 3 years of active experience. To find out more: CLICK HERE
A full music program for adults features a diverse choice of classes and workshops for all levels of amateur musicians.
The children’s program is suitable for ages 4 and a half to 12 years old. Teens can choose from a range of classes tailored specifically for them, as well as adult classes.
If you don’t know how to read music, don’t worry! Classes for beginners are available.
CLASSES FOR ADULTS:
Classes requiring pre-registration are marked with a *P*. You will receive instructions for pre-registration once your reservation is complete. You will select the remaining classes for your schedule on the Sunday evening of your arrival at CAMMAC.
Please note that the deadline for pre-registration for Week 1 is:
May 1, 2023.
Vocal classes & ensembles:
- A cappella
- Choir for all
- Vocal technique
- Voice masterclass *P*
- Chamber music for winds, strings and piano *P*
- Orchestra / Large ensemble
- Wind ensemble
- Percussion: World
- Saxophone: intensive program *P*
- Active listening
CLASSES FOR CHILDREN:
- Arts & crafts
- Chamber music
WEEK 1 REPERTOIRE
Works for choir and orchestra:
- Handel: Coronation Anthems – No. 1 Zadok the Priest [ LISTEN HERE ]
- Henry Purcell: Funeral Sentences for Queen Mary – Man that is Born of a Woman [ LISTEN HERE ]
- Britten: Jubilate Deo [ LISTEN HERE ]
- Vaughan Williams: O Taste and See, The Old Hundred (all people that on earth do dwell) [ LISTEN HERE ]
- A. Mozart : Extrait de la Messe du couronnement – Gloria [ LISTEN HERE ]
Evening choral workshop:
- Janequin : Le chant des oiseaux [ LISTEN HERE ]
- Kodaly – Evening Song [ LISTEN HERE ]
- Elgar – As Torrents in Summer [ LISTEN HERE ]
- Chansons Québécoises
Download the CAMMAC songbook (compiled by Michel Beauchamp):
DIRECTORS AND TEACHERS
Whether you have been playing for years or are just beginning, our outstanding teachers are here to help you progress on your musical quest—no matter your age!
To find out more about our teachers, click their photos to read their bios.
Arrival: Sunday June 25, 2023 at 4 p.m.
• Rooms will be available beginning at 4 p.m.
• Supper: 6 p.m.
• The program officially begins at 8 p.m.
Departure: Sunday July 3, 2023 after breakfast
• Rooms must be vacated by 9 a.m.
• Supper and an evening snack are included on the day of your arrival.
• Breakfast, 3 snacks, lunch, and supper are included from Monday to Saturday.
• Breakfast is included on the day of your departure.
IMPORTANT: Please indicate dietary requirements and food allergies when you register.
Music is the highlight of each and every day at CAMMAC, from the musical wake-up call to evening activities, Check out videos from past years’ camp activities, testimonials, and more!
What to bring?
Click below for a list of useful items to bring for your stay, as well as some additional information you may find helpful.
Are there still a few things you’d like to know?
Click below to access our “Frequently Asked Questions” page. You will find general information on how the camp works, financial issues such as cancellation policy and payment terms, as well as some information on the musical aspect of the programs and the camp.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES
For a safe and enjoyable stay, we invite you to familiarize yourself with the procedures and protocols surrounding the pandemic situation.
IMPORTANT: Please do not come to CAMMAC if you have symptoms of COVID-19.