Dear members and supporters,

In normal times, planning for CAMMAC’s summer activities begins the previous fall, announcements are made by mid-winter, and reservations quickly follow. The following months allow all the logistics to be put in place for us to welcome you on site as of the end of June.

In times of COVID, we hope for months on end, watching for changes in the situation daily, without the information necessary to make a decision. Finally, at the beginning of May, the provincial government announced a small possibility of reopening, but with detailed health measures which are not yet finalized; the draft of those measures does give us a fairly clear picture of what is likely to be required.  Some of these measures are very restrictive and would not allow us to offer you what could be called “the CAMMAC experience”, namely, to meet in (very) large numbers, circulating freely through the camp to share the joy of making and listening to music.

For example, participation is very likely to require that family groups (bubbles) remain together and not interact with those in any other bubble.

Also, restrictions on movement between geographic regions within Quebec (and between provinces) and the continued risk of closure due to an outbreak would limit the number of people who would be allowed to participate at all.

And, finally, the ability to come together in Lucy to sing or have a cabaret night, above all, led us to an inevitable and heartbreaking conclusion: we cannot have the musical activities that usually bring us together at camp this summer.

But on the other hand, this fall may become a possibility, for a revised and extended Thanksgiving, which we are working on and for which you will receive more information during the month of July. And there will be ongoing virtual summer programming that we are also working on. We are also looking at volunteer activities for those who might want to come and spend a day on the site. And who knows, maybe even some spontaneous musical activities (pop-up).

How big will the impact of this decision be on our finances and on the future of CAMMAC? This remains to be determined, but we are optimistic that we can overcome this obstacle, as we have done for so many others. And of course, your support will be essential, but we will have an opportunity to talk about it again.

Until then, please continue to participate in our virtual programming, stay tuned for announcements of our summer activities, activities in your regions as well, of course, and finally announcements to come for a return to camp, in person, at Thanksgiving. And above all, have a great summer, with CAMMAC in your heart.

We are also working towards having a full CAMMAC program for next year, starting with March break week and including all of the traditional, amazing CAMMAC experiences.  We can’t wait to get back together and make music with our usual flare and excitement.


>>> For information regarding pending reservations and other questions about Summer 2021: CLICK HERE


Guylaine Lemaire, Artistic Director

Cynthia Bonenfant, Executive Director

Jean-Charles Grégoire, President – Board of Directors