Have you heard of the CLINIQUE DE L’ARTISTE?
Have you heard of the CLINIQUE DE L’ARTISTE?
You can’t escape it. A musician’s journey has its share of challenges.
Clinique de l’Artiste offers a personalized for artists, to help reduce the risk of injuries and readapt when needed. The clinic’s mission is reflected in their slogan: “Follow your body’s rhythm!”
Whether it’s to prepare a concert, a vocal performance or to feel more comfortable in your body as a musician, Clinique de l’Artiste helps artists to be at their full potential by a better understanding of movement through exercises, adapted treatments and advice.
Véronique Brouillette, president of the Clinique de l’Artiste and kinesiologist, proposes a series of workshops that offers musicians an effective toolbox to help them prevent and heal injuries. We’re happy that we can to present this series of workshops as part of the CAMMAC Summer Music Camp!
MUSICIAN’S INJURIES: THE TOOLBOX FOR HEALTHY PRACTICE
FRENCH: Tuesday July 21, 7:30 p.m.
An injury is habitually following a gradual development. During this conference, we will discuss about the physical problems most often encountered by singers and instrumentalists. We will also identify the various risk factors that can lead to the appearance of injuries and we will suggest a range of preventive measures. Notions of anatomy will be presented in a popularized form in order to enrich the representation that the participant has about his body.
- Definitions and statistics of injuries in musicians
- Injury: risk factors, stages of development / how an injury occurs
- Prevention: work strategies, global posture (an overview), management of psychological stress, lifestyle
MUSICIAN’S POSTURE: TOES TO HEAD – THE COMFORT TOOLBOX
- FRENCH: Thursday July 23, 7:30 p.m.
- ENGLISH :Thursday July 30, 10 a.m.
This conference aims to introduce the musician to the basics of healthy posture. The musician will become familiar with different exercises performed with and without his instrument. He will be able to test his sense of balance and rediscover his support! In the workshop, this theme can be presented by type of instrument if your online programming is suitable, so adapt our exercises accordingly.
- Definitions of existing postures
- Understand and try positioning of different parts of the body and feel its impact on the rest of the musician’s body
- Understand and try positioning of arms to fingers and how to be lighter and more agile!
- For each positioning, we will experience different standing and seated “stations”
- Exercises promoting healthy posture
FROM LIFESTYLE TO PRACTICE: FOR A PLEASANT AND PLAYING LESS HURT BY A CHANGE OF SERENE AND INTRINSIC BEHAVIOR
FRENCH: Tuesday July 28, 7:30 p.m.
From lifestyle to practice: for a pleasant and playing less hurt by a change of serene and intrinsic behavior. This workshop focuses on daily behavior change methods that allow the musician to become aware of his musical habits as well as his daily life habits. Focused on positive and open mind, self-acceptance and the implementation of concrete actions to start or continue artistic journey, without pain, and above all, serenity with his art.
- Understand the stages of behavior change
- Identify a behavior that you want to change, modify or improve
- Set up the steps to progress towards your new behavior
OPTIMAL MOVEMENT BY WARM UP AND STRETCHING
FRENCH: AUGUST 6 10 a.m.
Do you want to warm up or to do stretching but you don’t know where to start? This conference and workshop aims to educate participants about the benefits of doing a warm up and exercises of stretching. They will also learn about the good moment to integrate these exercises. Different examples will be demonstrated in function of a variety of instruments families.
- Definitions, reasons and good times to warm up and stretch
- Benefits associated with warming up and stretching
- Practical section of exercises recommended for any musician wishing to integrate an healthy practice routine
THE MUSICIAN’S PSYCHOLOGICAL CHALLENGE
FRENCH: Tuesday August 13 10 a.m.
ENGLISH: Tuesday August 19 10 a.m.
Stress, stage fright, performance anxiety, perfectionism are subjects more and more approached in the musical field. Why do these elements affect musicians so much? How to demystify all these terms to be able to deal with music as a musician? The musician’s psychological challenge is as important as his physical challenge, so we invited you to listen to this relevant informative conference to allow you to a better understanding of this psychological challenge and manage it in a better way.
SECRETS TO GOOD BREATHING: LET’S PLAY MUSIC BY CONSCIOUS AND ADAPTED BREATHING
French: August 26 10 a.m.
We often just not considered our breathing. A conscious and adapted breathing can greatly help a musician (singer, wind player or not!). Daily breathing is automatic, but musician is requiring more committed muscles and conscious management according to the physical demand to be executed. • Basics about daily breathing • Basics about breathing of the musician instrumentalist with wind, singer and others instruments. • Introduction to breathing exercises to understand physiological mechanisms during relaxation and during playing.
MENTAL PRACTICE: A MAJOR TOOL TO DEAL WITH STRESS, STAGE FRIGHT AND PERFORMANCE ANXIETY
This workshop of 4 sessions (4x 1 hour) offers to guide you step by step in the implementation of effective mental practices to manage the different sources of stress that you experience as a musician. The workshop is organized to learn a mental practice habit under these 4 themes (1 hour each). Each theme is a prerequisite for the next one so your brain will be able to reach the expected level.
- Workshop 1: Relaxation Exercises – Tuesday September 8, 10 a.m.
- Workshop 2; Concentration Exercises – Tuesday September 15, 10 a.m.
- Workshop 3: Visualizing Exercises – Tuesday September 22, 10 a.m.
- Workshop 4: Other Mental Practice Exercises – Tuesday September 29, 10 a.m.
Each workshop is one hour long, and the cost is $30 per workshop.
For more information on the Clinique de l’Artiste, visit their website: www.cliniquedelartiste.comand sign up for their excellent newsletter!