Welcome to CAMMAC Ottawa-Gatineau! There’s lots on offer each year for amateur vocal and instrumental musicians to expand their musical repertoire – or enjoy again some of the old standards.
Help us shape next year’s music! Write and tell us (firstname.lastname@example.org) what you would like for future CAMMAC events!
- See our list of forthcoming activities.
- Audience Participation – Our Come Sing Messiah invites everyone to join the chorus in this magnificent oratorio. You can watch the 2012 performance of our Messiah on YouTube.
- Readings – These are 2 – 3 hours in length, usually scheduled on weekends, and may be for voice, instruments, or both. They offer the opportunity for those participating to perform music that is likely new to them. Emphasis is on repertoire, rather than on attaining a polished performance.
- Annual Concert – This is an opportunity to learn a major work in some depth over a period of several weeks, leading to a public performance. This is an opportunity to perform with an orchestra (for singers) and perform with a choir (for instrumentalists).
- Workshops – These usually include an instructional component, and may be for voice or instruments, over a half or full day.
- If you are interested in connecting with other amateur musicians in the region to sing or play with, you may wish to join our Musical Chairs list.
- If you would like to find a choir to sing with, an orchestra or band to play with, or other musical activities, please consult our list of Musical Groups in the region.
- We regularly communicate with our members via email about up-coming CAMMAC events in Ottawa-Gatineau. If you are not a member of CAMMAC, you may subscribe to our newsletter.
- You can also follow us on Facebook which includes notices about CAMMAC events as well as other amateur music activities in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. You can submit your notices for our Facebook page to email@example.com, or leave a message with the Facebook administrator.
Planning our activities requires the work of a team of volunteers and members of the Regional Management Committee. The members of the Regional Management Committee are elected each year at the Annual Regional Meeting – on-going renewal of the committee is needed. If you would like to volunteer or consider a place on the committee, please contact us.
If you would like additional information or if you would like to offer suggestions or comments, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join CAMMAC please refer to the “Become a Member” page.
– March 25: Brahms Requiem Reading for Choir and Orchestra. Registrations for flutes, oboes and bassoons are now complete.
– March 26: Annual Regional Meeting.
– Please check back later for information about our other future events.
|Used Music Sale|
One of our fund-raising projects is the sale of used music. Donations of sheet music, music books, CDs, and music DVDs are welcome. Please contact email@example.com.
|Other Local Events |
The following sites provide information about other musical activities in our region:
Our Facebook page
Classical Music Ottawa